features in version 5.0
- The database format was upgraded from Access 97 to Access
- Redundant data is stored in XML format instead of in .PR
- Up to 16 custom fields. PR-Tracker 4.50 supports only 4
- Two new custom fields of types: subchoice and checkbox.
- Previously entered problem description text and history will
- Edit | Modify will allow editing of protected text. This is
a privileged function.
- Edit | Append. Works like Edit | Modify except that
previously entered data is protected.
- Improve problem list and problem report printing.
- Search within results.
- Many user interface improvements. See screenshots for some
New features in version 5.10
- Support for both SQL Server. Access 2000 is still supported
as the default database format.
- Clients can connect to the database in file-server mode or
client-server mode. This allows PR-Tracker to use a low-end computer like Windows 95 or
higher as the server while providing a high security option for installations using
Windows NT server or higher as the PR-Tracker server.
- Improved performance for PR-Tracker Web Client.
- Email notification support for both MAPI and SMTP.
Previously only MAPI was supported.
- Acceptance of problem reports by email.
New features in version 5.20
- Improved error handling
- Ability of insert hyperlinks
into the problem description area
New features in version 5.30
- Menus were added to the problem
report form to improve navigation
- The size of log files is managed
so that only the last 100K of information is kept.